Monday, January 18, 2010

@#$! Slippers


How is it that everyone on Ravelry has had such luck with their French Press Slippers? They all look so elegant and fashionable. Both Wendy and I had trouble with these puppies. They took FOREVER to felt. I mean FOREVER! And then they never quite felted enough. I tried everything. I turned them inside out. I did some hand felting on the ridges on my sink. I shredded real soap into the water instead of detergent. I put them in the dryer! They looked like crap. They were really wide at the toe area. I was ready to toss them when I decided to cut them. Pictures below. I am still not thrilled with them. They are bulky and funky. Not at all elegant. The only thing I can figure is the yarn we both used- Bartlettyarn. It may have been a little too bulky. Most people used Patons. Wendy made a second pair with Patons. She will have to post the results. Here are mine:



No comments: