Sunday, July 8, 2012

549 Rows Later



Well, maybe more like 555 rows, if you include the 3 garter stitch rows at each end....

I have been plugging away at this sampler lace scarf since March.  It has been my commuting project.  I was listening to books on tape when I took the train to and from work while I worked it.  It is Unikatissima or Lace Christmas Rose, by Susann Hajjar.  I loved the way the pattern changed every 20 rows or so.  And the transitions from one pattern to the other were so well conceived.  I am really happy with it.  

As you must know by now, I do love to block my knitting and lace knitting is the most satisfying of all.  You can see the transformation above!  Another thing made me happy about this project: see that tiny little ball of yarn?  That is all that is left of one skein of Misti Alpaca Lace that I got on sale at Rosie's for $5.  Yea!

No comments: