Monday, July 27, 2009

Embarrassment of Yarn Riches

I'm still knitting along on my (Pat) Herringbone socks, using two colors for the heel flaps, too. Turning the heel has been a bit tricky, but I finally got the first one on the fourth try. Hopefully heel number two will be easier.

I've also received more yarn from across the Atlantic. I know, I know, I don't need any more yarn. It came from High Weald Fibre Factory in the UK. They've been great to order from and the yarn gets here in record time -- within the week. And look what else: they included two really nice stitch markers for free!!



On the left, more Zauberball to make a pair of (Pat) Herringbone gloves. I think they'll be nice and challenging, esp. since the pattern is Japanese. Plenty of people on Ravelry have blogged about them, plus there's a rough translation online, so should be interesting.



High Weald also has a great selection of Trekking XXL, so I figured I might as well order a ball to knit a pair of Christmas socks for my brother. Never too early to think about gifts.



So, I'm happy to have a number of relatively small knitting projects in the line-up. And I haven't forgotten about our summer sock knit-along. I'll be looking at my stash for that yarn.

No comments: