Thursday, July 16, 2009

(Pat) Herringbone

Talking about herringbone makes me think of Pat Harrington, remember him? Schneider from "One Day at a Time"? I used to love that show. I thought Valerie Bertinelli was the prettiest girl ever. And when she married Eddie VanHalen it was almost too good to be true. (By the way, I'm happy to see that PH is still alive. Wikipedia also tells me that he won both an Emmy and a Golden Globe for his portrayal of the janitor with a heart of gold.)

But I digress. . . These herringbone socks are the most enjoyable project I've worked on in a long time. I have plenty of yarn and might make these into knee socks, but that would require me to do some shaping, I believe. And I don't know if I'm up for that.



Also, the colorwork really does a number on my hands. Something about the way I end up holding the needles and the yarn cramps up my fingers the next day. This morning my joints are a little swollen and my wrists ache. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our craft. . .

No comments: