Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Feeling of Accomplishment

Today I finally got around to washing all the hand knitted stuff. I was a job and a half, but when I was done everything smelled so good and I could see a lot of the stuff I knit in the last few years. It was kind of satisfying!


Oh, and I turned the heel...

I was babbling away to Wendy yesterday that I would never really change the way I make a sock (the one I can do from memory without a pattern), but I have to say that this one works pretty well. It almost makes you wonder why it is made the other way. And it has the benefit of continuing the pattern if you are using yarn that has color changes because the only back and forth is on the bottom of the heel. So you don't get the abrupt change when you knit the foot after the heel. But I don't know...your first sock is kind of seared into your memory and it will always be the "way I make a sock". Sorry to get all philosophical...

No comments: