Thursday, August 13, 2009

Knitting in Australia

Good Morning everyone. Australia is amazing! I've got some hand dyed alpaca wool, and will hopefully get some more of something special while I'm here.
This morning, like every morning, the birds woke me up. The kookaburra's start arguing promptly at sunrise and they are loud. Then of course everyone else starts in too. So I was up getting a glass of water looking down on my friend Julie's back yard, and a wallaby hopped slowly across the grass! I made a cup of coffee, bundled up, and went outside and worked out the heal of our socks on the back porch. I was hoping to see more wild life - but just the birds were around. And yeah, I didn't understand the instruction either - so I just wung it, and they look okay.
Cheers! - Tara

1 comment:

Jennifer Rosner said...

So glad you are knitting the sock! I was wondering if you found a yarn you were happy with. And figuring out the heel. Yea! My daughter brought me some really nice alpaca from Australia. Who knew? I thought sheep were the thing there... I loved knitting the alpaca.
J