Monday, September 27, 2010

Finally finished!





After too many months, I finally finished my mohair Spring Twilight Pullover with a few minor errors and modifications....

- The V-neck was not turning out as lovely as it does in the pattern's photos, so I decided to change it so that it looked more like a bow. I sewed a running stitch through the two overlapping parts of the collar's BO edge and pulled them up toward the V of the neck. It makes for an even more exaggerated asymmetrical look - I actually think I like it better than what the pattern calls for. It feels more like my style anyway:


- As usual, had some trouble with the sleeves being too large for my arm holes. Why does this always happen? I re-knit the caps and shaped them as follows: BO 7 sts at beg of next two rows. BO 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows. Went on the same as for the XS until dec each side of needle every RS 8 times, which was changed from 8 times to 1 time. Then BO 2 sts beg of next 4 rows--12 sts.

- I messed up the ruching at the bottom hem. I didn't realize it was a 9-round pattern, and instead read it as a 3-round 3x repeat (9 rounds total). Duh. It looks OK, and I guess it's a bit more flattering than ruching at one's waist:


- I don't particularly enjoy this cast on. It's some strange decorative cast on that forces you to do longtail. It looks great, but I had to do it about 4 times before I had enough yarn to reach the number of stitches. I also changed Step 4 to alternating between long tail cast on (single strand from ball) and backward loop cast on (the four strands), which seems to have worked OK and was much easier.


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow Dana, it's beautiful! Really "you."

Thanks for posting. We miss you!

Wendy

Quail said...

I really like the colour choice on your jumper, the collar is really flattering and funky. The thing I find with knitting is that if I make the same pattern twice, I make different mistakes than the first time round. Must be a knitting mood brain process thing.