Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vacation Knitting

I love vacation knitting. It is so fun to plan before I leave home and I try to pick something that I can finish. This time I finished two things. A cowl - Spiraluscious by Anne Hanson made out of Blue Sky Alpaca Silk. And I made the orange Gnomey Hat by Adrian Bazilla. I also finished a Gnomey hat that I had started earlier - the blue one. I am making the hats for Simma's cancer patients at Children's Hospital. She says the hat box contains really pathetic and unwearable hats. This cannot be! Simma's patients range in ages of 1-20. The real little ones don't really care that much about their hair, but the older ones do, so we need to get them something better. I am going to make this next. I have my mom knitting hats also. If anyone else wants to join in, let me know.

No comments: