Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hats? Done

I start with the very pretty one:This is the Koolhaas hat by Jared Flood. Yarn: Rittenhouse Manos. A hat made for Simma for her birthday. It's so cute in her! This hat is very fun to knit. It goes by fairly quickly and I had to learn to make cables without a cable needle, something I have always wanted to know. I like the yarn ok. It is very soft and the color is great, but it is kind of limp. I like some springyness in my yarn. But I may use it again because when I made this hat I noticed I had a fair amount left. I weighed the finished hat (49g) and then the ball (50g). Seems like a very efficient way to use up this yarn.

The next hat is the current knit-along: Opus Spicatum. Oh, the joys and pleasures of blocking, especially when it is stranded knitting. The pattern really starts to define itself. I have it on a ten inch plate. I have high hopes that it will fit. It could be a little big. We shall see when it is dry.
Pre-blocking










No comments: