Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Argyle Sample

Not to scare you or anything.....

Before the cuff gets sewn up.  Lots of ends to weave in.
I finished the sample of the baby version of the argyle sock and it worked!  This pattern is different from all those vintage ones in that it only has argyle on the cuff.  I couldn't find a pattern like that so I am making our own pattern.  I will write it all up soon.  I have been home sick and I didn't even feel like knitting much of the time. 

A few notes:
If you know that tangly mess is going to drive you crazy, you can just knit the diamonds and then put the lines in with duplicate stitch.  That would reduce the number of bobbins by four.  I put a video (over to the right) on duplicate stitch.  It isn't cheating!  It's more like sewing.  Though I know that some of us hate sewing:-)
Get your yarn and do a swatch.  That is the very first thing to do. Cast-on 18-24 stitches and knit a square.  Bring it along to the next SnB.  Then we will determine what chart you should use.

1 comment:

Michael Gubicza said...

It looks great! I can't wait to get started. I hope that you are feeling better :)