Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chemo Hats for Teens

As many of you know, my daughter Simma works as a pediatric oncology nurse at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto.  She has mentioned to me that selection of teen-appropriate hats is, shall we say, wanting.  People will often donate hats for toddlers and babies and the hat box is filled with crocheted pastel hats.  So, over the holidays my mom and I both started knitting some hats for the teens.  My mom has finished three hats already and here they are.  The pattern is "In-Between Seasons Cap".  They look great!

Simma also told me that she had a patient recently that had a store-bought hat that had a hand-knitted flower on it.  If anyones wants to knit some flowers for hats and send them to the hospital, let me know.  Also, not to forget: boys need hats, too.  

I'll post my hats in a few days.

No comments: