Monday, December 3, 2007

Done and Done-er

To go with the socks I knit for my mom, below (I'm posting this kind of backwards), I made her a lace scarf with the same colorway, but a mohair blend. (This is Cecil, wondering what the h*^^ I'm doing.)




Close-ups so it's easier to see the pattern. I still need to block the crap out of it -- John, I need my T-pins back -- but the knitting's done.

The socks:




























Above, Mom's Christmas socks. I'm happy with them -- they look like candy canes or peppermint sticks. The yarn was great to work with: Neighborhood Fiber Company hand-dyed merino sock yarn created by a woman named Karida from Washington, DC, who names all her colorways after DC parks and neighborhoods. Yo, check it: http://www.neighborhoodfiberco.com/wordpress/

The pattern is a simple spiral rib. I was going to make them as tube socks -- the entire thing as a spiral with no shaping but then I lost my nerve. These guys fit great (like a glove, one might say, only they're socks) so I'm glad I changed up the pattern.

No comments: