Monday, December 3, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like. . .

. . . I might not finish all my Christmas knitting.

This weekend was spent crafting my little fingers off. Got the bright idea I'd make some Christmas tree sachets, thanks to inspiration from the Purl Bee: http://www.purlbee.com/
I changed the pattern a bit, using Koigu worsted weight and beads. They're each about 5" high and I ground up some cinnamon sticks and anise seed to give them a nice and spicy but not chokingly horrible pot-pourri smell (I hate that stuff). And used a lot of lentils to weigh down the bottoms. They're like smelly bean bags. But in a totally cute and non-threatening kind of way.



So the Koigu can make at least 5 of these babies. I still have enough to make one more big one and then I have some Koigu sock weight that I'll work on smaller needles. My goal is to knit 15 altogether (adding a third size that's even bigger, maybe) and be able to give them away in sets of 3 different sizes. (Three seems like a good number, better than 2, which is weird, and 1, which seems stingy.)
On the left, a finished tree. On the right, the skein of Koigu just waiting to be made into 5 trees, with green beads on. Oh A.C. Moore and your 40% off coupons. How I love thee.

What's that? My book? Is someone wondering about my book? [Insert sound of chirping crickets here.] It might just have to take a backseat to the knitting for the next couple of weeks. Because did I mention I'm also looking to knit a pair of socks for my bro? Yes, please just shoot me now.

No comments: