Monday, March 12, 2007

Hell Flap


So now I'm about to begin my heel flap (I keep writing "hell" flap). When picking up these 32 stitches -- and hey, are you noticing that the instructions are kind of fast and loose, that they're assuming we've done this before?? -- I noticed that I never completed the final row of the 't'. The instructions say to knit 16 in the pattern, then slip those to a stitch holder, then continue with the pattern, and slip the final 16 to another holder. Well, I knit the center panel stitches and then slipped the final 16 *without* working the pattern. (I realized this at the time, but figured at some point you'd go back and pick those guys up and have a chance to work that final row.) No such luck, so I had to go back with my bobbin of brown and do that final half row. Fortunately, I had plenty of grey and yellow tails hanging down that I could catch those single stitches. But there was no way for me to even do a short-row for this half on my way to working the "hell" flap without ending up with an extra row.

Oh yeah, and I'm leaving my yellow bobbins because I think I want to continue the yellow diagonals down through the foot. We'll see how that goes. . .

So anyway, now I think I'm all set -- and what's another few ends to weave in, anyway. So on to the hell flap tonight. I was reading through the entire directions this morning and realized that there's *a lot* of sewing to do on these babies at the end. That might really suck. (WW)

No comments: