Saturday, March 3, 2007

Hello Argyle Sock Knitters!


More food than knitting! (Just the way it should be.)





Jennifer's sock. Most of us are using Ewa's sockenwolle, which is beautiful sock yarn whose colors are really striking and complex.



I feel compelled to add a caption or two, by way of explanation. The above is my (Wendy's) sock, which after subsequent knitting was ripped back to this point again four-count-'em-four times. A real pain, but ultimately worth it. The first few times I was getting too many holes in my fabric, which I thought was from not doing the twist right. Turns out that part was ok, but my tension for those single stitches was too loose (you really need to tug on the yarn here). Once I hit my stride again, I knit another inch and a half before realizing my pattern was off by one stitch. So, ripped back again. All is well now, though (for the moment).





Hi Guys,
Heres the blog I promised. Hope you are all knitting away happily. Yes it does feel happy after a while. I found that the frustration melted away and was replaced with addiction. It has been hard to put my knitting down. I have had a few emails from Kristin and she is knitting two argyles at once! Is anyone surprised by that? I want to see it. Does that mean you have 18 bobbins, KB? Did you find bobbins in Argentina? Do they have cool knitting stuff in Argentina?

Above are the pictures we have taken to this point.

1 comment:

alford said...

A.S.S.G.

Things look like they're coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished articles. The color combinations also look great! Keep up the good work.

John