Thursday, March 8, 2007

Never enough argyle

Here's a better image of that sock booklet I posted yesterday. The colors are really interesting. Below, more argyle patterns from vintage booklets. Again, the color combinations are really unexpected, like the grey, seafoam, yellow and brown combo below. I love that the pattern makers put all the socks on a yellow plaid background, as if you just can't get enough argyle.






Just above, a close-up of the hole problem I was having with the yellow lines. Not a great picture, but you can see where the tension in the yellow is too loose and it makes a little hole. It's pretty easy to correct -- just snug up the stitches from the back, working all the way up to the live stitches on the needle. Now I know to really tug these babies -- not just the single stitch color, but the surrounding one as well. In this case, tugging the pink after twisting around the yellow kind of "locks in" the stitch. Ok, I'll stop now. (WW)

1 comment:

kristin said...

Wow! Look at all those cool patterns, I really like the zig-zaggy line one. I was already drawing up new designs to blow apart argyle conventions, but I see that it all has been done already. :-(