Monday, January 14, 2008

A Commercial Break

I just wanted to take a moment to point out the new link to Techknitting. It's an impressive site -- the woman has an entire universe of knitting knowledge in her head and does an amazing job conveying it to the rest of the world in a smart and funny way. You can search the blog and, important for us, it contains three lengthy posts on two- and three-color knitting. I know Angela was asking about three-color knitting at the S&B yesterday.

And there are these doo-hickey's, for people who want some serious knitting hardware:

"Strickfingerhut" it's called and apparently it means "knitting thimble." Lots of people recommend these for three-color knitting. They're cheap, less than four bucks, so if someone wants to go in on an order with me, I'm game to try.

Kristin -- I'm completely blown away by your watercolor sampler. I knew you'd come up with an exquisite pattern. I thought it was a quilt at first. Hopefully you'll get your yarn soon and be able to turn your Latvian dreams into reality. Oh, and the braids are pretty simple to do.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rosner said...

That site is amazing. I don't know how she did those great illustrations.