Saturday, January 5, 2008

Did I ever show you the two-sided cable scarf I made? Originally it was for my father-in-law, who asked "what about me?" when I gave his wife this...

But it went to a friend, coincidentally she lived in Buenos Aires at the time, the same city as my father-in-law! It went from winter there to a Boston winter here without a summer in between.


Look at these fuzzy mittens that I made for Olivia...I striped the fuzzy parts, and left the palms alone for better gripping. Sad part is, we have only had 2 days this winter that she could have worn them. :-(

Can you tell that I miss winter?

4 comments:

Jennifer Rosner said...

So glad to see your post! There is still time yet to get some winter down there! I think I recognize the cabled scarf from a pattern from Loop. So pretty.

kristin said...

Nope....I learned the technique and made up the scarf myself...no pattern! Who needs patterns? Wait a minute, I do! Do you have a general Latvian mitten pattern to share? Did you see this?
http://www.purlwise.com/latvian_mitten/

Andrea Krupp said...

Kristin, i love the pink gorilla mitts! Happy New Year!!!

Wendy said...

I *love* that cable scarf. You're *so* talented!